Diet is a very confusing word. It can mean the kinds of food we eat or a temporary meal plan for weight loss which most of us refer it to!
If we are looking at it as a weight-loss plan, dieting doesn’t work. Here are 5 reasons why diets don’t work.
- The weight lost is temporary. Yes, you may lose weight, but about 95% of people who lose weight by dieting will regain it all back.
- It slows your metabolism. Our body doesn’t know the difference between a diet and famine, and since your body doesn’t want you to starve, it responds to overly-restrictive diets by slowing your metabolism, which of course makes it harder to lose weight.
- Diets may lack essential nutrients. Think about how many fad diets suggest eliminating certain food groups. Missing out on these nutrients makes you less than healthy.
- It damages relationship to food. Overly restrictive diets can take all the pleasure out of eating. You don’t learn how to truly nourish yourself. Instead, you’re in a tug of war between your desire to lose weight and to live.
- It is not sustainable. One unhealthy meal a week won’t make you fat, just like one healthy meal a week won’t make you slim.
So the first step to achieving a fit and healthy body is by developing a healthy lifestyle consisting of a balanced diet that you can enjoy and sustain, together with regular exercise. And that is one of the main reasons why we started Fete Up, to help people achieve a healthier lifestyle, while still being able to enjoy tasty food at a very affordable price. So what are you still waiting for? Drop by any of our three outlets and start eating healthy!